Need for Speed 2 SE
Platform: Windows 4.x/9x [Den Bookcase]
Competative, Split Screen, IPX LAN
Rating:★★★☆ (Single) ★★★☆ (Multi)
Developer: EA Seattle
Publisher: Electronic Arts, Inc.
Country of Origin: Canada
This is a special edition release of Need for Speed II which provides improved visuals in comparison to the original release. The graphical improvements within this version of the game are only officially supported on 3Dfx Voodoo graphics cards, however, and thus the game is effectively graphically indistinguishable from the original version when played using different hardware.
Besides the graphical improvements, the new additions to this version are:
- 4 new cars: Ferrari F355F1, Ford Mustang Mach III, Italdesign Nazca C2 and Ford Indigo (this last one was only unlockable in the original Need For Speed II);
- 3 new bonus cars to unlock in Tournament mode;
- 1 new track: Last Resort;
- 1 new racing style: Wild;
- Reverse and mirrored tracks.
Included Media: Manual
Series: Need for Speed
Region: North America
Hardware Support: HID Joystick, 3DFX Glide
Save Method: System
Technically support LAN play, but it's IPX (on Windows) so it's practically unusable.
To "install" on newer WIndows:
- copy the root of NFS2 CD and 'FEDATA' + 'GAMEDATA' folders to HD.
- Rename INSTALL.NFS to INSTALL.WIN
- Run sdbinst NFS2.sdb (or NFS2-SW.sdb)
Install nglide and run NFS2SEA.EXE (accelerated) or just run NFS2SEN.EXE (Software)
Progress: Almost Complete
Queue: Not Interested